Your Personal MS Excel Skills Report (an example report- complete it to get your personal report)
To help with sticking to the recommended self isolation, we are going to be opening up the MS Excel Online Intermediate course a few lessons a week. If you follow along (and stay at home) you may be able to do the entire course depending on how long the recommended isolation lasts.
The lessons will only be available for the next 7 days (25 Mar 2020- 31 Mar 2020). The week after, new lessons will be opened and these lessons will be closed so you need to keep up. If you want your friends to also be able to access this, forward this link.
Once you have learnt these tricks, make sure you use them for the rest of the week. It is the best way to cement your knowledge before you learn more.
How to use
- Download the Excel file via the link below (note this is the only place you can get the Excel file)
- Click on each lesson below and read/ watch while you look at the matching sheet in the spreadsheet (recommend using 2 screens or watch on your phone while you work on your computer)
- Do the exercises where relevant. Make sure you check the solution to make sure you got it right or to understand where you got it wrong.
- NOTE: in the full course each lesson has an MCQ at the end, but this is not available in this series.
- You can get full access to the course the normal way.
Download the Excel file (see below) and if you go to the Intermediate course page, you will see the lessons that are open (they say preview) or else use the links below.
MS Excel Intermediate Online Course
- DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOW ALONG EXCEL FILE (ONLY AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS- SUBSCRIBE ON THIS PAGE TO THE NEWSLETTER)
- Flash Fill your new best friend
- Flash Fill Exercises
- Viewing many parts of a spreadsheet at the same time
- Don’t hide rows- group them
- Navigate the sheets in a spreadsheet in portrait style
- (Easily and quickly) highlight cells
- Date and Time Shortcut
- Doing quick calculations in Excel (no calculators!)
- Quick access toolbar for your favourite functions
- Learn (more) Excel in 2 minutes per weekReleased this week- follow all to keep yourself informed
- Facebook- Chart Data Table formats not working
- Twitter- Alternative to multi nested if statements
- Instagram- Reverse data order in Excel
- LinkedIn- Convert the month number into the month name
- YouTube- Merge Cells in Excel
- Missed a newsletter? Look at the Archive
MS Excel Consulting Assignment
Take this time to catch up with some business improvement ideas. We can still consult remotely. See some of the work we have done