Your Personal MS Excel Skills Report (an example report- complete it to get your personal report)
2 extra weeks. Stay at home! In this time you will learn about Pivot Tables which will change your Excel work life for the better. See lower down.
Missed a newsletter? Look at the Archive
Get 2 minute video clips once per week
Released this week- follow all to keep yourself informed
- Facebook- Create connection only greyed out
- Twitter- Reverse data order in Excel
- Instagram- Promoting headers when name can change
- LinkedIn- Pause Switch off conditional formatting in MS Excel
- YouTube- Fill empty labels with headings in Pivot Table
MS Excel Consulting Assignment
Take this time to improve how your business uses data. We are still consulting remotely. So far we have helped build a budgeting pack, created a fish farm financial model, and helped an American company with an ‘Uber’ for vets!
See some of the work we have done
Opening up of Online Intermediate Course- Week 4
The lessons will only be available for the next 7 days. The week after, new lessons will be opened and these lessons will be closed so you need to keep up. If you want your friends to also be able to access this, forward this email (see above)
Once you have learnt these tricks, make sure you use them for the rest of the week. It is the best way to cement your knowledge before you learn more.
How to use
- Download the Excel file via the link below (note this is the only place you can get the Excel file)
- Click on each lesson below and read/ watch while you look at the matching sheet in the spreadsheet (recommend using 2 screens or watch on your phone while you work on your computer)
- Do the exercises where relevant. Make sure you check the solution to make sure you got it right or to understand where you got it wrong.
- NOTE: in the full course each lesson has an MCQ at the end, but this is not available in this series.
- You can get full access to the course the normal way.
Download the Excel file (see below) and if you go to the Intermediate course page, you will see the lessons that are open (they say preview) or else use the links below.
MS Excel Intermediate Online Course- Week 3
- Standard uses of Find/ Replace
- Replace the formatting on all cells with similar formatting
- Remove/ Change characters between other characters
- Find/ Replace Examples
- Basics of Text to Columns
- Text to Columns Examples (incl importing numbers like bank accounts numbers)
- Import CSV’s into Excel
- Basics of Pivot Tables
- Create (from scratch) your first pivot table
- Sum, Count, Average and more in a Pivot table
- Do % of, year to date and difference from INSIDE a pivot table
- Investigate what data makes up a number in a Pivot Table
- Pivot Table Examples
Next week we continue with getting more out of the Pivot Table.