Your Personal MS Excel Skills Report (an example report- complete it to get your personal report)
To help with sticking to the recommended self isolation, we are going to be opening up the MS Excel Online Intermediate course a few lessons a week. If you follow along (and stay at home) you may be able to do the entire course depending on how long the recommended isolation lasts. See more below
Medical Community Help
If you are in the medical community of South Africa and fighting COVID19 we want to contribute by helping with any data/ spreadsheet issues.
Anything from simple roster creation to tracking spreadsheets to databases.
Send an email to email@example.com .
MS Excel Consulting Assignment
Take this time to catch up with some business improvement ideas. We can still consult remotely. See some of the work we have done
Opening up of Online Intermediate Course- Week 2
The lessons will only be available for the next 7 days. The week after, new lessons will be opened and these lessons will be closed so you need to keep up. If you want your friends to also be able to access this, forward this email (see above)
Once you have learnt these tricks, make sure you use them for the rest of the week. It is the best way to cement your knowledge before you learn more.
How to use
- Download the Excel file via the link below (note this is the only place you can get the Excel file)
- Click on each lesson below and read/ watch while you look at the matching sheet in the spreadsheet (recommend using 2 screens or watch on your phone while you work on your computer)
- Do the exercises where relevant. Make sure you check the solution to make sure you got it right or to understand where you got it wrong.
- NOTE: in the full course each lesson has an MCQ at the end, but this is not available in this series.
- You can get full access to the course the normal way.
Download the Excel file (see below) and if you go to the Intermediate course page, you will see the lessons that are open (they say preview) or else use the links below.
MS Excel Intermediate Online Course- Week 2
- DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOW ALONG EXCEL FILE
- Data Sorting- Revision, colour and icon sorting
- Sorting columns instead of rows
- Create your own sort order e.g. High, Medium, Low
- Sorting Exercises
- Data Filtering Basics
- Remove rows with the filter (blank rows, unnecessary rows etc)
- Remove duplicate rows
- Use the Advanced Filter for more complex, repeatable filters
- Data Filter exercises
- Learn (more) Excel in 2 minutes per week– Released this week- follow all to keep yourself informed
- Facebook- Chart Data Table formats not working
- Twitter- Alternative to multi nested if statements
- Instagram- Reverse data order in Excel
- LinkedIn- Convert the month number into the month name
- YouTube- Merge Cells in Excel
Missed a newsletter? Look at the Archive