We have started a new web site focussing on Excel Skills Assessments.
The main problem we are trying to address is what is meant by the term ‘Advanced’. For a variety of reasons this is almost a meaningless word. Anyone who attended a 1 day level 3 Excel course will claim advanced skills even though in our terminology they will be Intermediate (at best).
People also often rate themselves compared to the peers they recently worked with. This results in them under or over rating their abilities. There is no commonly acceptable rating scale.
This new site allows you to test if your user is actually at the skill level they claim and is perfect for recruitment, inter department transfers and identifying training needs where Excel is a core skill.
It also allows users to benchmark what skill level you are looking for in our terminology AND what job needs are being addressed by Excel so that the testing focuses on these areas.
Forward to a Friend
Case studies of the consulting we offer.
- Business Valuation Spreadsheets
- Reuters Excel Templates
- Renewable Energy Financial Models
- Tracking Spreadsheets in Excel
- Property company management accounts
- Automating existing Excel spreadsheets
Excel Tips, Tricks
Latest Excel tips and tricks (blog posts).
- SUM errors that happen in Excel
- Find email addresses with the same names (different company names)
- Excel scroll bars go missing
Upcoming Excel courses (face2face, virtual and online)
- Advanced Excel Face2Face and Virtual-18-20 April 2023 (See Course Outline)
- Budgeting/ Financial Modelling Face2Face and Virtual-18-19 May 2023 (See Course Outline)
- Online Budgeting and Forecasting course
Solving for Excel’s weak points
MS Excel is brilliant, but there are 2 things that you may need which Excel CANNOT do very well.
For these there is a little help:
- Learn how to find spreadsheet errors– Find the errors in your spreadsheet
- Easily import PDF’s into Excel – Import PDF’s into Excel
Keep up to date/ Help Others
If you have missed a newsletter or want to find an old tip, look at the Newsletter Archive.
If you find these newsletters useful, please help us grow by telling others
Forward to a Friend
If you need any:
- MS Excel Training (all levels), or
- Spreadsheet Consulting assistance by MS Excel experts
feel free to contact us.