Your Personal MS Excel Skills Report (an example report- complete it to get your personal report)
Missed a newsletter? Look at the Archive
Hybrid MS Excel Training
We have online training, we have live training. They are now combined for a hybrid solution. Let your staff learn at their own pace, but be able to check in and get help from the presenters. Benefits of both worlds.
MS Excel Consulting Assignment
Take this time to improve how your business uses data. We are still consulting remotely. So far we have helped build a budgeting pack, created a fish farm financial model, and helped an American company with an ‘Uber’ for vets!
See some of the work we have done
Get 2 minute video clips once per week
Released this week- follow all to keep yourself informed
- Facebook– Don’t start excel formula with a plus sign in South Africa
- Twitter– Change more than 6 default chart colours
- Instagram– Pin regularly used Excel files for easy access
- LinkedIn– Merge Cells in Excel
- YouTube– VLOOKUP not finding a value that is there
Get your own copy of the Intermediate Course
We have heard the President’s request and matched his initiative.
If you want to progress quicker or have these videos available to you forever, please consider buying the course (see the Intermediate course).
Too easy? Look at the Advanced course.
Online Intermediate Course- Week 6 lessons
The lessons will only be available for the next 7 days. The week after, new lessons will be opened and these lessons will be closed so you need to keep up. If you want your friends to also be able to access this, forward this email (see above)
Once you have learnt these tricks, make sure you use them for the rest of the week. It is the best way to cement your knowledge before you learn more.
Reminder if you need to keep the kids busy (while you are learning), we have the tools to create your own treasure hunts for them. Look at the Treasure Hunt Page
How to use
- Download the Excel file via the link below (note this is the only place you can get the Excel file)
- Click on each lesson below and read/ watch while you look at the matching sheet in the spreadsheet (recommend using 2 screens or watch on your phone while you work on your computer)
- Do the exercises where relevant. Make sure you check the solution to make sure you got it right or to understand where you got it wrong.
- NOTE: in the full course each lesson has an MCQ at the end, but this is not available in this series.
- You can get full access to the course the normal way.
Download the Excel file (see below) and if you go to the Intermediate course page, you will see the lessons that are open (they say preview) or else use the links below.
MS Excel Intermediate Online Course- Week 6
- Using the filter in Pivot Tables
- Automatically duplicate pivot tables with different selections
- Slicers in Pivot Tables
- Control all Pivot Tables with one filter selection
- Timelines in Pivot Tables (latest Excel versions)
- Grouping dates in Pivot Tables into months, years
- Group dates in weekly or bi-weekly
Next week we continue with getting more out of the Pivot Table including
- Grouping text e.g. Vodacom, MTN and Cell C into Cellphone operators
- Building charts off pivot tables