We are busy working on our 2018 World Cup in Russia Spreadsheet for running an office pool or sweepstakes. The version will be available moments after the draw on 1st December 2017 in Moscow.
Features of the 2018 spreadsheet
Although we plan to add more features, it will be able to
- Automatically update the actual scores when the tournament is on, direct to the spreadsheet (no need to capture them yourself!)
- Include World rankings for countries you are not familiar with. This will assist you with the comparative rankings to make better predictions for the tournament
- Input your predictions and compare them to what actually happens
- See the likely group winners after adjusting your predictions for the actual results.
- Automatically addresses the tiebreaker rules for World Cup 2018 where sides on equal points and the normal tie breaker rules are split based on the matches between the tied teams.
- Automatic update notification when new versions become available
You can see how the previous versions (Euro 2016, 2015 Rugby World Cup and Brazil 2014) worked on the Russia-World-Cup-2018-spreadsheet-sweepstake page.