Change table name in PowerPivot (when importing from Excel)
When you import data into PowerPivot from an Excel file you will notice that the table name is based on the sheet name by default.
You do not have to stick with this name. As shown below you can simply type in the Friendly Name you want to use and that will be the table name used.
For this and more tips take our online PowerPivot course
Did you know that there is a quick way to eliminate errors in you Excel spreadsheets?
See how to find and correct these error types with a Spreadsheet Auditing Tool that will find:
- Formulas that have been accidentally changed/ replaced,
- Numbers that were added onto a formula and forgotten about,
- Links to the wrong workbooks,
- Changes between one version of a spreadsheet and another,
- Which sheets cannot be deleted (and why),
- The errors in Pivots, Charts, Conditional Formatting and more, and
- Why your spreadsheet is so slow.
You can also see more on the free Auditing an Excel spreadsheet course (link to the software is included in the course as well).