You’ve got a new computer or had a reboot and suddenly Excel formulas need a semicolon instead of a comma? It won’t affect Excel, but it can be hard to get used to. There is an easy fix, but it is not in Excel but rather in your regional settings in Windows.
Steps to follow to make the change back from semicolons to commas
- In Windows look for your region and language settings in the control panel.
- Click on the Additional date, time & regional settings
- Choose to change date, time or number formats
- Click on Additional Settings at the bottom
- Change the List Separator to a comma by typing it.
All your formulas in Excel will now work with commas and you don’t have to worry about any of them. If they were semi colons they will change by themselves.