In the more recent versions of Excel it is possible to filter based on the colour of the cell or font. However it may appear that the filter by color in Excel is not showing all the colors.
As shown below if you filter by color it shows 5 colors but perhaps you have more colors in the list. You can click on the ‘More Cell Colors’ button to access the additional colors.
When you do this the following will appear which will show all the colors. You can now choose which color to filter on.
Counting or summing coloured cells in Excel- formula
Did you know that there is a quick way to eliminate errors in you Excel spreadsheets?
See how to find and correct these error types with a Spreadsheet Auditing Tool that will find:
- Formulas that have been accidentally changed/ replaced,
- Numbers that were added onto a formula and forgotten about,
- Links to the wrong workbooks,
- Changes between one version of a spreadsheet and another,
- Which sheets cannot be deleted (and why),
- The errors in Pivots, Charts, Conditional Formatting and more, and
- Why your spreadsheet is so slow.
You can also see more on the free Auditing an Excel spreadsheet course (link to the software is included in the course as well).