Watch our presentation on ‘Advanced’ Excel users in the business world and how to (correctly) identify them.
Our conclusion are:
- ‘Advanced’ Excel is still undefined, but it is difficult to get away from the wording.
- Skill levels can be assessed via MCQ type questionnaire BUT
- Use a consistent quiz for benchmark purposes.
- Intermediate may actually be OK (and better than the people you already have).
- Careful thought should be given to each question (like a personality quiz).
- Newest is not always best, end result more important than method used
- Specific jobs require different Excel skills