A common query relating to Pivot Tables is how to remove ‘row labels’ from pivot tables. This often happens when your report format is in the COMPACT format and in the top left cell you see the words “Row Labels”.
To remove it you can change the report layout to one of the other formats i.e.
- Click on the Pivot table
- Click on the Design tab
- Click on the report layout button
- Choose either the Outline Format or the Tabular format
If you like the Compact Form but want to remove ‘row labels’ from the Pivot Table you can also achieve it by
- Clicking on the Pivot Table
- Clicking on the Analyse tab
- Switching off the Field Headers (far right button).