Our Excel Auditing tool is the world’s most comprehensive spreadsheet testing tool.
Need an updated version of a professional spreadsheet testing tool? Send an email asking about the updated Excel Auditing Tools.
The Excel Auditing tool will automatically test for the following in all the current versions of Excel up including Office365:
- the most common excel errors
- generate a full list of Excel Spreadsheet Documentation
- provide tools to build more accurate Excel spreadsheets quickly
- provide tools to assist with using spreadsheets enable you to compare two spreadsheets to see what has changed.
Download a trial copy and try it out while using it on some example spreadsheets – Excel Auditing Tool Trial Copy
Excel Auditing Tool
Excel spreadsheets are notoriously difficult to control. The very features that make them so useful, also make them risky i.e. flexibility, ease of use and transfer-ability.
For more details, below we show how the Excel Auditing tool can address some of your concerns.
Testing Excel Spreadsheets
The Excel Auditing Tool is a world leader in testing Excel spreadsheets. By incorporating its tools into a formal testing process you can reduce your testing time by up to 80% and achieve more thorough testing.
Use can be made of the following features:
- Maps (structural representation of your excel model)
- Cells Tested (tests every cell against risky Excel practices)
- Comparison (compare 2 spreadsheets to identify changes made)
- Formula Tracer (visualize a formula and drill down into it)
- Watch the Excel Auditing tool test spreadsheets with these tools
Documenting Excel Spreadsheets
Struggling to keep track of what is in your spreadsheet? Auditors asking for some spreadsheet documentation? The Excel Auditing Tool generates the following for your Excel Spreadsheets
- Summary report
- Range Names and Links to other workbooks
- Spreadsheet maps
- Translation of all calculations into meaningful words
- Report of all cells that require inputs
- Report of all inputs in the spreadsheet
- Results of general test performed
- Results of detailed tests performed.
- Visual representation of the formula in any cell and all the cells that are used to get the result
- Differences between two versions of a spreadsheet.
- Watch the Excel Auditing tool document Excel spreadsheets
Comparing versions of Excel spreadsheets
If you create multiple versions of spreadsheets, it is difficult to know exactly what has changed from one version to the next. The comparison tool allows you to do this automatically.
Downloads and other information
- Click to download a brochure of the Excel Auditing tool
- Click to download a trial – the Excel Auditing tool Trial Copy
- A pdf with an explanation of the tools within the Excel Auditing tool – the Excel Auditing tool Documentation
Excel Auditing tool Video Tutorials (click to watch)
- Testing and Auditing Excel Spreadsheets
- Documenting Excel Spreadsheets
- Version Control, Audit Trails and Change Control for Excel Spreadsheets
Our 5 part series on addressing Spreadsheet Risks in the Sarbanes – Oxley era
Below links on how to address risks associated with spreadsheet use. Several of these issues are addressed by using the the Excel Auditing tool Add In tool