The increase in renewable energy initiatives means that we have built a number of Solar PV Financial models. We have worked on various solar PV financial modelling assignments including the auditing of the models, converting annual models to monthly, and building tracking spreadsheets to assess performance versus original financial model or budget.
The models have been built both from the end users point of view as well as from the developers depending on the financing arrangements/ target audience.
Features of our Excel built Solar PV models
All our financial models are built in MS Excel and based on spreadsheet best practice methodologies incorporating three way modelling (income statement, cash flow and balance sheet).
Models are always built on a monthly basis at a minimum with reporting on quarterly, semi annual or annual basis.
Operational Capabilities included in solar financial models
We customise the models to suit the clients needs, but for Solar PV modelling the following is generally included (at a minimum):
- Yield on a daily, monthly and yearly basis allowing for multiple levels of confidence (P50, P90, P99),
- Degradation factors built into the model,
- Impact of seasonality on the operations,
- Construction times allowing for delay sensitivities including building in penalty options where relevant,
- Multi currency and currency impacts on capex, opex and revenue with hedging options,
- Allowance for the concession periods with variability to determine optimum periods.
Financing Arrangements for Solar PV Models
Detailed, flexible financing options that include robust equity versus debt and various debt repayment type options. Includes calculation of the cash waterfall allowing for financial structuring negotiations.
Debt options typically include:
- Amortising or Equal Capital installments
- Sculpting based on defined DSCR or other debt sculpting requirements
- Sweep options to assess viability of the project to handle debt at all.
Solar PV Sensitivity Modelling
As a result of the best practice financial modelling method used, detailed sensitivities are possible on any of the key inputs.
Solar PV Modelling Experts
To find out more about the Solar PV modelling we can assist you with, send an email to info@AuditExcel.co.za.