This practical 1 – day MS Excel for Beginners course leads delegates through the Fundamentals of Excel spreadsheets and is focused on beginners.
Some of the key outcomes will include:
- Understanding what a spreadsheet is and how it works
- How to make the spreadsheet look and feel like you want
- How to build in formulas to help you get rid of your calculator
- Using the many tools available to make your life easier such as sorting, filtering and creating formula.
Delivery Methods- Beginner MS Excel
Live MS Excel Beginner Training
- Onsite- We can provide the training onsite to corporate groups- for more information click the request for information button below.
Online MS Excel Beginner Training
- If you are not in South Africa, or prefer to do the course online, have a look at the Online MS Excel Beginner Course
WHAT IS A SPREADSHEET
- What the Excel screen looks like and means
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- The Office button/ file button
- Formula bar (Name box and Edit box)
- Sheet and sheets
- Other tools in the spreadsheet window
BASIC WORKINGS OF AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET
- Viewing many parts of the Spreadsheet (at the same time)
- Create, save and Open Existing Excel Files
- Navigation and Data Entry
- Copy and Paste & Paste special
- Insert, Delete, Hide, and Resize Columns and Rows
- Formatting of Cells
- Format Painter
- Conditional Formatting
CALCULATIONS IN EXCEL
- BODMAS in Excel
- Create Calculations in Excel (stop using your calculator)
- The Sum Function
- Absolute / Relative Referencing- $ Signs
- Using the F4 shortcut for $ Signs
- Linking cells in different sheets and workbooks
USEFUL EXCEL TOOLS
- Flash Fill- Your new best friend?
- How to Print
- Sorting Data
- Data Filtering
- Charts and Graphs in Excel
- Quick Tips and Tricks for Charts
PIVOT TABLES- A VERY SPECIAL TOOL
- Create a Pivot Table- Step by Step
- Required Data Format for Pivot tables
- Inserting Values into a Pivot Table
- Enhancing the values e.g. percentage of another column
- Show the details of a number in the Pivot Table
- Function Wizard
- The basic “IF” function
- Auditing Toolbar
- Formulas and the coloured boxes
- VLOOKUP explained in simple terms
- Build your first VLOOKUP
Feedback & Who Should Attend
- I’m glad I invested my money and time on this course, it was worth it.I also like the fact that i will be assisted even after completing the course. I walked out a different lady, just confirming what De Wet said.- Kefiloe M.
- It dealt with my daily challenges at work- IS Management Accountant.
- There was nothing I did not like about the workshop. Adrian was fantastic- Accountant.
- … first the assessment is a good tool to determine that the trainee is allocated to the correct training, secondly, although the training is intense the content is brilliant and very well presented. Being able to express real live occurrences during the training makes for understanding of applications. All Krones personnel that have attended this training has had their skillset enhanced. Being proficient in excel has allowed the flow of work from department to department to become more and more efficient and not to mention, look more professional. Audit Excel is my only choice for Excel Training.- Debbie L- Krones
- All persons using Excel spreadsheets. Professions that have attended include accountants, actuaries, auditors, business analysts, chartered accountants, civil engineers, construction, consulting, corporate finance, engineers, farming, finance, hr function, landlords, lawyers, quantity surveyors, research analysts, retail, scientists and engineers
Pre Requisite (s)
Delegates should be familiar with working on a computer.
In order to do this course, we recommend that all delegates have a fundamental understanding of MS Excel, in that they are using MS Excel in their daily activities and want to work quicker, smarter and safer.
We recommend that all delegates should, using our free MS Excel Skills Assessment, have a skill score of <3.0 with a level of Beginner (get your delegates to do the free MS Excel Skills Assessment to make sure this is the correct level of training).
This is a very hands-on, non-intimidating, course – delegates work through various exercises under the supervision, and with the help, of the facilitator to get to grips with the nuances of Excel’s functions.Request info on training dates, prices and venue