This practical 1 – day Excel for beginners course leads delegates through the Fundamentals of Excel spreadsheets and is focused on beginners.
Is this the correct course for your needs? Use this quick ‘Which Excel Course should I do‘ questionnaire to establish which course is correct for you.
This course is recommended for a skill level of <3 (we offer a free Skills Assessment to make sure you get the correct level of training). Greater than 3 should attend the Advanced Course (the Advance Course is an Intermediate to Advanced course)
This is a very hands-on, non-intimidating, course – delegates work through various exercises under the supervision, and with the help, of the facilitator to get to grips with the nuances of Excel’s.
- What is a spreadsheet
- Excel Layout
- Create, Save and Open existing Excel files
- Navigation and Data entry
- Insert, Delete, Hide columns and rows
- Adjust width and height of columns and rows
- Formatting of cells
- Format Painter
- Drawing Lines
- Conditional Formatting
- Basic maths
- Absolute & relative referencing ($ signs)
- Linking cells in different sheets and workbooks
- The basic ‘IF’ function
- Function Wizard
- Auditing Toolbar
- Formulas and the coloured boxes
- Introduction to graphs in excel.
Feedback & Who Should Attend
- All persons using or starting to use Excel spreadsheets
Pre Requisite (s)
- All delegates should have a score of above 1.0 on our Excel Skills Assessment
- Delegates should be familiar with working on a computer.