Excel for teachers and school management
Turning your school staff into Excel Professionals
Use Excel to get to grips with the performance of the learners, educators and the school!
Get to grips with using Excel in you school
- Easily convert marks into levels or symbols
- Have Excel automatically colour cells depending on the mark received
- Track the performance of students over time
- Weight your marks or voting to get robust results
- Let Excel call the marks to you to ensure accuracy!
- Create histograms of results for comparison purposes
- Extract random samples from a student population
- Make sense of marks across a range of students
- Accessing Excel Functions so that you can find the functions that will help you in the shortest amount of time
- Understanding Excel formulas to know when to use a VLOOKUP to mark levels and when to use an IF function.
- The uses of the IF function for determining pass versus fails.
- Tips and Tricks with Excel for Schools to save time and effort in your day to day excel work
- How errors happen in spreadsheets in order to avoid them
- Consolidating student marks over multiple years to save you time with repetitive copy and paste
- Comparing class performance with prior periods to spot trends and risks
- Add graphics to visualise what your montiring is saying
- Cleaning up data received from school database software for analysis and comparison.
Feedback & Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to learn how to use Excel to monitor a student, class or school and anyone who deals with an educational focus in their work related tasks including:
- Head of Departments,
- lecturers or
- school admin staff
Pre Requisite (s)
Excel knowledge required:
- Basic Excel skills
- Opening & closing files
- Moving around the spreadsheet
- Inserting & deleting rows and columns
- Inserting text & formulas
- Deleting cells
- Copying formulas
- Basic formulas (+-*/) e.g. =C5+C7+sum(C9:C12), and =D5*D6/12 3. Formatting