This practical 2 – day MS Excel VBA training course leads delegates through advanced Excel VBA (Visual Basic) tools and the use of macros.
In order to do this course we recommend a skill level of >8 (we offer a free Skills Assessment to make sure you get the correct level of training). Before you look at an Excel VBA training course, consider whether you should do VBA macros at all.
Delegates attending this MS Excel VBA training course will learn:
- How to save time by automating manual processes;
- How to create, run and debug Excel macros;
- How to create interactive Excel workbooks;
- How the MS Excel object model works;
- How and why VBA can be used across the Microsoft Office suite;
- How to write efficient and accurate code;
- How VBA can add another dimension to MS Excel dashboards and reports.
This is a very hands-on, non-intimidating, course – delegates work through various exercises under the supervision, and with the help, of the facilitator to get to grips with the nuances of Excel’s macro and VBA features.
- Introduction to VBA
- Excel Macros
- Explanation of the Object Model
- Introduction to the VBA Editor
- Delving into Macro Code
- The Structure of a Sub-Procedure
- Working with Variables
- Working with Objects
- For, Do and While Loops
- Decision Making Part One: If, And and OR
- Decision Making Part Two: Select Case
- Worksheet and Workbook Events
- Creating user interfaces and forms
- Error Handling and Debugging Code
- Distributing and Installing Add-Ins
- Optimising Code –Making complex macros run quickly
- Conclusion and Way Forward
Feedback & Who Should Attend
- All persons using Excel spreadsheets in an advanced way
- All persons involved in spreadsheet work where significant automation is required
Pre Requisite (s)
- All delegates should have a score of above 8 on our Excel Skills Assessment