This practical 2 – day VBA for Microsoft Excel course leads delegates through advanced Excel VBA (Visual Basic) tools and the use of macros.
Delegates attending this course will learn:
- How to save time by automating manual processes;
- How to create, run and debug macros;
- How to create interactive workbooks;
- How the Excel object model works;
- Why VBA can be used across the Microsoft Office suite;
- How to write efficient and accurate code;
- How VBA can add another dimension to Excel dashboards and reports.
In order to do this course we recommend a skill level of >6 (we offer a free Skills Assessment to make sure you get the correct level of training).
This is a very hands-on, non-intimidating, course – delegates work through various exercises under the supervision, and with the help, of the facilitator to get to grips with the nuances of Excel’s macro and VBA features.
- Introduction to VBA
- Excel Macros
- Explanation of the Object Model
- Introduction to the VBA Editor
- Delving into Macro Code
- The Structure of a Sub-Procedure
- Working with Variables
- Working with Objects
- For, Do and While Loops
- Decision Making Part One: If, And and OR
- Decision Making Part Two: Select Case
- Worksheet and Workbook Events
- Creating user interfaces and forms
- Error Handling and Debugging Code
- Distributing and Installing Add-Ins
- Optimising Code –Making complex macros run quickly
- Conclusion and Way Forward
Feedback & Who Should Attend
- All persons using Excel spreadsheets in an advanced way
- All persons involved in spreadsheet work where significant automation is required
Pre Requisite (s)
- All delegates should have a score of above 6 on our Excel Skills Assessment