2019 Rugby Six Nations Sweepstakes Spreadsheet for up to 50 players
Our 2019 Rugby Six Nations Predictions Spreadsheet enables up to 50 participants to predict the round robin and final winners (overall, grand slam, triple crown and wooden spoon) and compete to see who can be closest in predicting the overall result and the scores of each team. The spreadsheets are ideal for anyone wanting to run a sweepstakes or Six Nations pool around the results of the tournament.
Overview on how to use it
- Download from this page
- Send the input sheet to all the people who want to play
- Ask them to complete it
- Send it back to you
- Copy and Paste the predictions into the master file
Now every time you open the file during the tournament it will automatically update the latest match scores and results and update the sweepstake scores
You can watch a brief video clip of how it works below (the 2019 instructions are the same as last year)
- Key Features
- Separate templates for the organiser and participants
- Participants predict the round robin matches and then, based on the predicted group standings, the various categories will be predicted (overall, grand slam, triple crown and wooden spoon).
- Organiser updates the master template with all the predictions received from participants.
- The spreadsheet will automatically update the actual scores itself when the tournament is on, direct to the spreadsheet (no need to capture them yourself!)
- The default sweepstake scoring is as follows (you can change them if you wish as the organizer)
Rugby Six Nations Group Stages Sweepstakes scoring
- Getting the right result irrelevant of the score (i.e. win, loss, draw)- 3 points
- Getting team 1’s correct number of tries (e.g. you predicted 1-1 and the try count was 1-0)- 1 point
- Getting team 2’s correct number of tries (e.g. you predicted 3-2 and the try count was 2-2)- 1 point
- Correctly predicting a bonus point( or not) for team A tries (e.g. Team A scores 5 tries and you predicted 4 or more)- 2 points
- Correctly predicting a bonus point( or not) for team B tries (e.g. Team B scores 2 tries and you predicted 4 or less)- 2 points
- Predicting that the score was within 7 points and the correct losing team will get a bonus point- 2 points
- Winner- 15 points
- Your top 2 are correct but in any order- 6 points
- Grand Slam (either a team or none)- 5 points
- Triple Crown (either a team or none)- 4 points
- Wooden Spoon- 10 points
The spreadsheet is built in Microsoft Excel 2016 but will work in all versions with some loss of functionality if you are using Excel 2003.
Q: Can you use the spreadsheet on Google Docs
- It wasn’t built with Google Docs in mind, but some users have tried it and say it works. As an idea get all the information via Excel and then upload the masterfile to Google Docs and allow the players to see what is happening. Only limitation is that it won’t automatically update so you will need update the scores
Q: Hello. I’m having issues opening the spreadsheet on my Mac.
It gives me an error message and just opens as a “read-only” file.
How can I go about fixing this issue?
- Try and expand it out of the zip files and save it in a separate location