Excel auditing tools
Have more faith in the integrity of your spreadsheet models by using the Excel auditing tools available in the Spreadsheet Professional add in courtesy of Spreadsheet Innovations.
Save time by using Spreadsheet Professional to audit your spreadsheets. Reviews using this tool will be 100% more efficient and effective.
By using Spreadsheet Professional you will be able to
- Identify mistakes in your spreadsheets
- Assess the overall structure of your spreadsheet
- Compare different versions of spreadsheets to identify anomalies
- Identify cells that contain poor or risky spreadsheet practices
Excel spreadsheets are notoriously difficult to control. The very features that make them so useful, also make them risky i.e. flexibility, ease of use and transfer-ability.
For more details, below we show how Spreadsheet Professional can address some of your concerns. Alternatively, go to the Spreadsheet Professional training page and run through the full, free course using the trial version you will be able to download.
Testing Excel Spreadsheets
Spreadsheet Professional is a world leader in testing excel spreadsheets. By incorporating its tools into a formal testing process you can reduce your testing time by up to 80% and achieve more thorough testing.
Use can be made of the following features:
- Maps (structural representation of your excel model)
- Cells Tested (tests every cell against risky Excel practices)
- Comparison (compare 2 spreadsheets to identify changes made)
- Formula Tracer (visualize a formula and drill down into it)
- Watch Spreadsheet Professional test spreadsheets with these tools
Documenting Excel Spreadsheets
Struggling to keep track of what is in your spreadsheet? Auditors asking for some spreadsheet documentation? Spreadsheet Professional generates the following for your Excel Spreadsheets
- Summary report
- Range Names and Links to other workbooks
- Spreadsheet maps
- Translation of all calculations into meaningful words
- Report of all cells that require inputs
- Report of all inputs in the spreadsheet
- Results of general test performed
- Results of detailed tests performed.
- Visual representation of the formula in any cell and all the cells that are used to get the result
- Differences between two versions of a spreadsheet.
- Watch Spreadsheet Professional document Excel spreadsheets
Comparing versions of Excel spreadsheets
If you create multiple versions of spreadsheets, it is difficult to know exactly what has changed from one version to the next. The comparison tool allows you to do this automatically.
Downloads and other information
- Click to download a brochure of Spreadsheet pro
- Click to download a 30 day trial – 30 day Demo Setup
- A pdf with an explanation of the tools within Spreadsheet Professional – Spreadsheet professional Documentation
Spreadsheet Professional Video Tutorials (click to watch)