Excel 2010 new features including sparklines and how some of the old tools have been changed and improved.
- For updated video clips in structured Excel courses with practical example files, have a look at our MS Excel online training courses . You can even try the Free MS Excel tips and tricks course.
- To see if this video matches your skill level (see the suggested skill score below) do our free MS Excel skills assessment.
- If you are based in South Africa look at the live courses we offer in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Excel 2010 New Features
Provides quick training on some of Excel 2010 new features.
Areas covered include
- sparklines (ability to include a mini graph in a cell- useful for data visualisation and dashboards),
- new abilities in
- data validation (link to other sheets),
- conditional formatting (link to other sheets and new icons), and the
- data autofilter (easier method to search for data).
Also shows how the Paste Special now works with an instant preview and the new ribbon features which allows for a customised ribbon of your favorite Excel 2010 tools.
Finally some of the updated date functions related to Net working days and work day functions which allow weekends to be something other than Saturday and Sunday e.g. the weekend could be a Friday and Saturday or even just one day e.g. a Monday.